Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm sort of scared...*health issues*


A few weeks ago I woke up and my breast felt strange, it was sore..not really all over sore just sort of tender..I called my Dr and made an appointment and went on August 21..she did an exam and scheduled me for a mammogram which I went to last Friday September 5th...they did the mammogram and then said I need an ultrasound and then the radiologist requested another ultrasound this time of both breasts.

The tech told me because I asked and because I was completely in tears ( I had myself dead already while I was waiting for her to come back in) that I would have to come back for another mammogram in a few months because there was something about a dense area and it needed to be monitored. She also said that it didn't "appear malignant" on the ultrasound, I took a deep breath. I broke down when I went home, maybe from relief or whatever but I cried for a good while. I'm 34 about to turn 35 with 2 kids still at home, I am praying this is just a simple inconvenience.

Today my Dr. calls me and says that they got my results from the radiologist and have scheduled me to see a surgeon on September 25th...ok, I am officially freaking out again..I mean I know it could very well be absolutely nothing at all but every so often I get this shear panic flood my body and the what if's are never ending..

I quit smoking in March, I was/am so proud of that..I was the type of person who never thought they'd be able to quit and here I am today an ex-smoker. I'm going to admit it, I will be totally pissed off if I quit smoking and this doesn't turn out to be "nothing". I know it won't do any good but my gosh I will still be pissed!


Anyway, for anyone who reads this blog, if you can please spare me a prayer or a good vibe..I'm really starting to freak out and I need to know that I have a few extra people putting in a good word or 2.

Thanks so much, from the bottom of my heart..I will keep you all updated because no matter what this turns out to be I will want to SCREAM IT!!!


Until next time,

5 comments:

Jan Ross said...

Thanks for commenting and for reading my blog - I really appreciate it!!

I hope everything goes well for you. Is the surgeon just doing a biopsy?

~Tonyia~ said...

I'm not sure, they didn't tell me. All they said was that he would discuss it with me at the appointment.

Heather said...

*hugs* Take a deep breath, try to relax. If it was really that dire, I bet they'd be scheduling you for a lot sooner than the end of the month. And even if it is something to worry about, you'll be in good hands. My mother had breast cancer about as bad as you can get it, but she's okay now and you will be too, one way or another.

In the mean time, it seems cruel that they would leave you hanging for all this time. Why not call back and make a pest of yourself until they give you some answers? After all, it's your body and your treatment, and you have a right to know what's going on.

Anyhow, if you need someone to talk to or just want to get your mind off things, shoot me an email--I'm a friend of Mrs. Who's, and I live just down the road in Lexington.

*more hugs*

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Sending you good vibes from Texas.

Chris

~Tonyia~ said...

Thank you all so much for your comments, they mean a lot!!!

I have my moments when fear sets in and then other times when I'm absolutely ok with whatever "it" is..only time will tell..