Sunday, August 31, 2008

Taken for Granted!

Photobucket

I started a site January 11, 2004, it had originally been an all pet site that Iwas going to promote locally but just hadn't gotten around to it. I had belonged for a short period to a few forums, an all dog forum and a Boxer forum I had just recently found...The boxer forum was full of members but the admin had left them high and dry with no one to take care of the spammers or the profanity that sometimes spewed from the mouths of those in heated arguments.
Everyone was absolutely miserable but wanted a place to chat so that they could talk about their boxers, post pictures and just become friends..I volunteered my site, after all it wasn't being used so why not?

I grabbed a few people from that Boxer site that wanted to help and turned my current site ePettalk.com into BoxerTalk.org...I slowly realized after a couple of years that those people weren't all interested in helping to run a forum or participate for that matter and I couldn't possibly do it alone. They started to log off for days at a time or even worse log on and NOT post anything while in the mean time I was running the place alone. It was like opening a restaurant with your friends and no one showing up...
Photobucket

So I shook things up and removed some staff and took applications for people who wanted the job instead of asking people to do it. I thought that finally after all of these years I had people who actually gave a crap about the fact that I was running on low, I needed help. I was excited and refreshed, we took on a whole new beginning, started projects to help rescue dogs (Parkers Cart)
~Parker and his Cart~
Photobucket
We started passing a dog toy around America and Canada, Puckerboy everything was great...finally


And now, now I am in the same spot again less than a yr later the people who wanted so bad to help have left me high and dry again...of course there are the excuses that they are busy (because we all know I am not) or that they check in but just don't post (Uh hello that's like a BIG part of what you do). I've had one of them step down because our opinions differ (totally shocking)! There is one or 2 of them that have made a viable effort to be there every single day, to post and help out because they took the responsibility seriously and not just think of it as "doing me a favor" like so many others do. The others have yet again left me to wonder why I even care...:(
Photobucket

Projects have gone down the drain and I have been left listening to the members complain and yell at me over PuckerBoy who I can't even log in to the blog for because yet again that's a project I didn't start. I worked all day long yesterday redesigning the site, fixing graphics and getting everything just so for Fall and what I got was a few very hurtful comments about how Fall isn't here yet..
Photobucket
I totally appreciate that!

I would how ever like to thank those who do care, those that do show up and give a damn! Thank you to the members who have become life long friends and don't look at me and my efforts to be your friend as a pain in the ass. Thanks to those who genuinely want my friendship and thank you to those staff members who care enough to know I expected great things and I have feelings...and I need you! And thank you to those members who appreciated m hard work yesterday and don't take me and everything I do for granted!

Photobucket



Until next time,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's what happens when you expect others to share YOUR ideals. I've come to realize that if I can't do it on my own, I'd better be prepared to give it up ON MY OWN. That is SO preferable to having to live with resentment. yep. for sure.

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Thanks for ur sweet comment on my blog. Just took a second peek at your blog. Wow! I'm so sorry you are having a tough time. Sucks when people don't appreciate you. Been there. Hang in there girl.
Blessings to your and yours, Elizabeth

The Purple Pinkie said...

You are just going through a bump in the road. I think it's time to clean house. Surround yourself by Positive Peeps only. Send the Emotional Vampires packing!!!! **Hugs**