Okay, I never in my whole life thought anything like this would happen..I mean we get Tornadoes here but they hit and they leave, they leave sporadic and sometimes heart wrenching damage but they don't last HOURS! Sunday we were hit with unexpected 81mph wind gusts with a sustained wind of 50+mph for several HOURS. Our homes are not made for that here, heck nothing is made for that here..it left massive damage everywhere.
Anyway I have some pictures of my street that I thought I would share, everyone here is out of power and may be like that for up to 14 days, luckily I must have some good karma saved up because we never lost ours and we are one of like 6 houses that still has power. School has been cancelled for the week and may be longer, the devastation is everywhere, a 10yr old little boy lost his life due to the winds. It's all so sad, I have some more pictures I will share later but these will do for now I guess..
This is my backyard..






and this is from just around my neighborhood...






It's all so sad..
Until next time,




0 comments:
Post a Comment