
Today the dreaded but anticipated news came, my husband has been laid off with no return date, his last day of work is August 25th and since I haven't worked for pay since I was pregnant with my youngest daughter who is now 7 yrs old I am officially scared. I have been sick to my stomach since I got the call from him this afternoon.
What will we do? What happens to our kids? I know we'll get by but we won't have any health coverage, I need health coverage with my blood disorder. And the birthdays and freakin' Christmas where everybody wants something from you...I have spontaneously burst into tears at least once an hour, luckily I wasn't around the kids, I still don't know how to tell them yet.
I want so badly for this to be a bad dream and everything be like it was yesterday before we knew what today held. I know this is a test, there is something we need to learn from this, or maybe something the kids need to learn, we've had it really good for a while now.
I am blessed that I was able to stay home and raise my daughter while she was a baby, I was blessed enough to home school 3 out of the 4 kids up until this year. I am blessed that we still have a house that we can afford if all else fails and that we are fortunate enough to have everything we need. We WILL get through this and it WILL be tough and I WILL be screaming and crying during lots of showers I'm sure. I have to face this challenge head on, it's not going away and I certainly won't give up without a fight, I was raised on nothing and I can do it again.
I'm sure you will be seeing lots of these kind of posts from me..
Until next time,




2 comments:
Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this. Have faith that everything usually works out for the best. When one door closes another opens. (((HUG)))
This is truly TERROR for you and your husband. I am so thankful that my husband and I are out of the workforce. I have no idea how I could have lived under the conditions that exist today. That big anvil always hanging over your head........ I know you've considered everything possible, from McDonalds to selling shoes. FORD has let a lot of people down by shipping to Mexico.
Post a Comment