Friday, August 01, 2008

My week rundown dogs, fences and that other stuff!


This week has been crazy for me!

First we had the carpet replaced in our master bedroom which meant EVERYTHING had to come out, while it was out I decided I wanted to switch the master bedroom with the office because the office is cooler. Well that didn't happened because the plugs weren't right in the master bedroom for my husbands video game and instead of waiting a million years for someone to come out on short notice to change them out I gave in and moved the bedroom back to it's original home after they finished the carpet. The master is the larger of the 2 rooms but it's SO hot in there, I cannot stand it, I'm sure I'll live but I'm not happy about it.

So while I was doing all of the moving I cleaned out a closet I have been meaning to get to and found some really pretty quilt swatches of my moms and a few embroidery projects of hers etc. I am so going to make something neat with her quilt swatches. I guess I had put them away and forgotten them..I also found a picture of her (my favorite ever) and it kind of broke my heart all over again..
Photobucket

Then this afternoon this cute little man:
Photobucket

broke through our old farm fencing after a stray..
Photobucket

luckily I go outside with them (some people don't) and I caught him, got my husband and we began to inspect the rest of the fence. We found that most of the fence needed replaced and so that is how we spent our Friday!

So first we bought this:
Photobucket

then we had to cut down the old fence and pull it up where it was buried 4 inches in the ground *OMG*
Photobucket

Then we unrolled the new fence, measured and cut it:
Photobucket

I had to hold the fence and keep it taught the whole time while my husband used the ties on it..whew I am exhausted! It was 90+ degrees out today and very humid, plus the whole job was done in direct sunlight..BUT we have a nice pretty fence and nice and safe for my pups!!
Photobucket

Then I came in and made a roasted sausage, onion and potato bake..*YUM*
Photobucket

and now I am off to take a nice hot bath and catch up on some reading..I am so glad it's the weekend..
Until next time,

1 comments:

The Purple Pinkie said...

Goodness, I am tired from just reading that post! LOL Love the fence and really love the photo of your Mom! You look a lot like her.