Wow, what a world we live in. A community if you will, like a neighborhood who ignores the elderly that never come to the BBQ's or make the new neighbors feel not welcome. Imagine a neighborhood like that, imagine you're the elderly that is ignored or the new neighbor not welcomed. How would you feel?
I never in all my life saw the world that way...not until now..unfortunately. BUT it does make sense as to why I like my dogs more than people. My dogs never disappointment me, never hurt me, never leave me alone. They are connected spiritually to me and they know me, without having to say a word they know I hurt or that my heart is broken. They never tell other dogs that I have not done something they liked, they don't care, all that matters to them is that I am here. I wish I could live in a neighborhood with dogs..their silence means more to me than fake words.
There is one thing that can be said about some of the human race though, unless they can gain something they want to gain from you they don't want you. They would never just be there to be there, they have to have a reason to be there, to love..it's sad really. More advance? Top of the food chain? Only because they are ruthless...my dogs know that without me having to say "I need you" that I need them. They don't check their schedules..or what's going on with them, they are simply just there.
I hate to say, I may have lost faith in humanity.
I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better. They fight for honor at the first challenge, make love with no moral restraint, and they do not for all their marvelous instincts appear to know about death. Being such wonderfully uncomplicated beings, they need us to do their worrying.
George Bird Evans
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
Henri Nouwen
The sage said, "The best thing is not to hate anyone, only to love. That is the only way out of it. As soon as you have forgiven those whom you hate, you have gotten rid of them. Then you have no reason to hate them; you just forget.
Until next time,




0 comments:
Post a Comment