If you read my blogs often (not many do) you'll know by now that I have 4 dogs, 3 of which are Boxers..I admit it, I'm a boxer addict! We ll I have discussed this many times with other boxer owners and we all agree but it made me wonder if everyone else is the same or not.
I love all of my dogs so much, they are like children to me except they listen far better than the kids do lol. They are all unique and have different personalities. They each one make me smile, everyday in their very own magical way..
Even though I love them all there is always one that is our "heart dog", the one that we feel a very special bond with. That one dog that seems to have been sent to us on purpose! Zeus is my "heart dog", I bottle fed him when we first got him because he was so young and his mother couldn't care for him any longer. He has had so many health issues, I'd die if I added up all the vet bills. Maybe it's the mothering I had to do with him, I'm not sure all I know is he's a special guy and we have this bond that is very unique. When it's his time to go it will break my heart into millions of pieces but I hope with all hope that I will be blessed again one day with another "heart dog" 

Dogs just have a magic, you can feel it when you walk into a room with dogs (if you're a dog person that is) and when they pass on to a better place to wait patiently for us to meet them you feel the absence of the magic that particular dog had. It's a loss so deep we hurt yet when we remember their "magic" through memories we can laugh again. We remember the way they made us feel, how that even though we were having a horrible day or at our saddest they some how knew and loved us even at our worst! I hope you enjoy the magic the same way I do..
Thank god for dogs!
Until next time,





2 comments:
I love this post. It is beautifully written. I understand completely, but insert cats. Blessings & hugs this holiday season.
yay you found me! tonyia this was a beautiful post and i couldn't agree with you more...it's so funny i went out to lunch with sharon and had the exact same conversation...i love kash to pieces but not in the same way i love the bear...he fills a part of my heart that i didn't even know was empty...anyways love YOU and love the puppies!
Post a Comment