I've spent a lot of time with myself the past couple of weeks waiting for this date, the date I see the surgeon. I was tough and strong, only broke down a few times but today, omg was it ever different! I was trembling while I waited for him to come in, I was SO nervous! But anyway!
I really liked him he made me feel better, he spent about 20+ minutes with me and explained things to me..he studied my mammogram and U/S results and then did an exam himself.
He brought in a colleague and they basically said they think it's Lobular Carcinoma..but to be absolutely sure they are sending me for an MRI. ..
I go next Thursday October 2nd at 9:30 am I should know for sure by the following Monday if it is Lobular Carcinoma, what type it is and what my treatment options are.. So after the mammogram and 2 ultra sounds they say the MRI will for sure tell us what we are dealing with.
I feel ok with it either way..he told me that first we need to make sure that's what it is for sure and then what type to know for sure..More than likely I'd be a Stage 0 and now days that's like not even having it. The only thing that's concerning is that I can't do the hormonal treatment if they want that method because of my blood clotting disorder but he said we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I feel really good about it, he's taking it seriously and he didn't scare me which is why I think I'm so ok with it. Like he said with today's advancements and technology the MRI is my best option at finding a definite answer..
I've already started kicking it's a$$ whatever it may be.
Until next time,




1 comments:
Tonyia,
I sure hope you had good news!
Rhonda
Post a Comment