Saturday, July 05, 2008

My kitchen...UGH

I hate my kitchen, it has good bones but the ugliest flesh I have ever seen..It's circa 1960's and not a vintage pretty kitchen either, that I could deal with but what I have is so beyond pretty vintage, it's old, outdated and broken..*sad face*

Anyway, luckily I am married to this guy and he's pretty good at decorating, I know, I know, everyone always acts as if I am crazy when I talk about him and decorating. He's really great at it believe it or not. He puts together ALL of my floral arrangements, planned out my landscaping and picked the paint colors etc when we redid ALL the rooms last March.

So I am going to show him this and have him turn my kitchen into HIS version of that! Except I would LOVE to be able to have the top cabinet doors frosted glass or removed all together but as organized as I am I'm not sure I can pull off NO doors. haha

So we already have the room painted a really pretty light lemonade yellow and the floor was replaced with a tile like laminate (which I love btw OMG!) Now all we need is to replace the counters, wall oven, stove top and sink. The windows have been done and every other room in the house has been redecorated except for the kitchen and the bathroom which is still in it's mint condition 1950's style, perfect with flawless pink and white tile, tub and sink, oh and the mosaic tile floor. I won't change that though until it starts to fall apart. After all it functions as it should and I kind of like the way it looks.

So when the demo begins and I'm pulling my hair out, blogging about how much I HATE having the house a mess and not being able to use my kitchen, remind me of how much I hated it and link me to THIS post please.

Thanks and enjoy what's left of your Saturday...

0 comments: